If you are a dairy farmer looking to push the boundaries of production and profitability a Composting Barn is the ultimate solution.
So, what is a Composting Barn?
The key process in a working composting barn is the continual aerobic digestion, by bugs, of the cow’s faeces, which produces heat. If working efficiently there will be virtually no effluent leaching from the bottom of the bedding.
To achieve the right temperature in the bedding it needs to be deep and cultivated every day to keep the sawdust profile well aerated.
To find out further details, such as recommended designs, space required per cow and much more contact one of our project consultants today.
Don’t just take our word for it!
Click here to read Tony and Fran Allcock’s success story.
The benefits of a composting barn speak for themselves!
And the truth is, investing in one of these barns will bring so many more benefits to your farm that we could ever share on paper. The flow on effect of having a composting barn could significantly reduce other spend, reduce staff stress and increase production and / or submission rates in your cows. Cow production correlates to cow comfort.
Let’s talk about those benefits:
- Reduced environmental impact
- Increased production
- Improved animal welfare – happier cows in winter and summer
- Eliminate reliance on winter grazing
- Better feed utilisation
- No winter pugging
- Transform your paddocks and no longer ‘carry’ muddy paddocks that can’t be used
- Ability to grow more feed on farm and reduced costs for purchased feed
- A composting barn produces perfect fertiliser, saving on your fertiliser bill
At Aztech Buildings we firmly believe we can offer the best composting barn solution in NZ. Here is why:
- Flexible design with large clearspans to ensure the barn is perfectly suited to your farm
- Bird perch free roof system, utilising our full box beam system
- Galfan – our superior zinc coating for long-lasting durability
- Highly experienced team offering kitsets or full construction
- Permanent structures with a minimum 50-year lifespan
- Winter AND Summer benefits – utilising roof vents, translucent sheeting, and steeper roof pitches we can design the perfect shed to maximise lighting and ventilation, while keeping the barn cooler in Summer and warmer in Winter.
Call us today to find out how a composting barn could transform your farm.